No one likes seeing cockroach at home! It’s because people commonly to associate them with filthy and dirty environments. Cockroaches feed almost on anything they can find in your home. Left-over food, food crumbs, decaying matter and even book glue!
Because of their close contact with these matters, which contains loads of harmful bacteria and germs. They also can cause food contamination when in contact with humans or any food consumption items.
Why do roaches come out during the day?
Cockroach is known as nocturnal animal. Thus, if you see cockroaches in the daytime: it could mean your home have a serious cockroach infestation!
Cockroaches typically only emerge at night to feed. You might not be able to see these cockroaches unless they emerge to the surface. They dislike lights and tend to hide at dark places and among clutters or items to stay away from light.
Where do roaches live in your home?
Cockroaches enjoy hiding the undersides of home appliances, such as cooking stoves, refrigerator and underneath sinks or kitchen installations. There are many places that cockroaches may be hiding in your home, these includes:
- Living rooms – you might find that roaches hiding underneath your sofas or coffee tables, folds of curtain drapes, or piles or newspapers and magazine stacks could encourage hiding activities among cockroaches.
- Storeroom – with minimal lighting coupled with stacked paper bags and cramped with brooms and cleaning agents, are also another potential hiding spot among these cockroaches.In fact, storeroom can be a dangerous key risk area, as it tends to be dark and undisturbed, a perfect spot to hide and breed.
Read more: Cockroach identification tips
How to prevent cockroaches from being attracted to infesting your home?
- Keep your home clean and tidy is the key to keeping cockroach away!
- Remove clutter and items stacks or stash
- Cockroaches might enter to your home through cracks and crevices. Take the opportunity to seal up any cracks and crevices.
- Keep your garbage bin clean and take out your trash regularly
Prevention is better than cure! Watch our short-animated video below for the don’ts of cockroach prevention tips that you can do at home.
Professional cockroach control
The best way to reduce the risk of cockroach diseases is to enlist the help of a professional pest control company.
With over 45 years of experience across Indonesia, Rentokil provides a range of services and solutions to both prevent and exterminate cockroaches, which will reduce the potential for these crawling insects to spread diseases in your property.
Contact the experts at Rentokil today to discuss the benefits of our cockroach control services.